Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Indicator lights up when selecting power to turn on but I

Indicator lights up when selecting power to turn on but I don't get a picture or even the vizio emblem. If it sits over night or all day, it turns on like normal.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 2-1/2 years. Purchased end of Dec. of 2014 or early Jan. 2015. It's a model E500i-B1; serial # LTYWPLEQ4457252
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: when I hit power button and I see the vizio emblem show up, everything works, but if that doesn't appear I cannot get anything visual. Power source is not an issue and neither is the batteries of the remote
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about a month; contacted the customer service about a week or 2 ago. There hasn't been any kind of "warning" if you will.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: seems like the power button on the tv doesn't work properly. Not sure if that is the problem (always just used the remote until issue cropped up) or within the board it is wired to.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Does the VIZIO light stay white?or goes to amber

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
stays white. It's a short pulse when shutting off, longer pulse when turning on

Do you see any light even feint light on the screen during this

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
see last answer

No my question was about the VIZIO light on the front of the set now I am referring to light on the screen itself?

The VIZIO light is white for ON AMBER for standby normally

I am not available by phone the messages are sent by the site not me I amusing the site like you are thanks

Another tech may ring you though

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
The only light on the screen when powering up is the vizio emblem that pops up. It is white and only visible a few short seconds prior to the picture coming online for whatever station it may be set for. The power button light is also white.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
If I don't get the visual vizio emblem, the screen remains black. Whether the tv powers up or not, the power button indicator light is the same.

Yes its the power-button light I mean

OK what is happening is the set is not fully booting up, this would mean the main-board is temperamental and will need to be replaced, if you think you can do this work yourself I will be happy to help?

About all you can do for now is reboot the set by disconnecting the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, if that does not fix then the mainboard will need replacement

I am sorry this is not something easier

Let me know if you need more help

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days. Anthony
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
That is what I was afraid of. I can change it out my self, but how do I get this sent to me and what kind of cost am I looking at?

Problems with vizio is the boards are hard to get hold of because they are in such high demand however costs of a replacement mainboard around $100

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Is that something that can be ordered thru their customer service or local service center?

No they will just tell you to bring it in for repair, the boards are ordered via suppliers who pull them from scrap screen damaged sets