TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Sanyo flat screen tv and it no longer will change…

We have a Sanyo...

We have a Sanyo flat screen tv and it no longer will change channels we have bought a few different remotes and nothing changes

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sanyo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Six

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About three months and the only thing I did was buy new remotes kind of thought that was the problem

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Its likely to be a bad IR receiver in the set itself if you are sure you are getting the correct remotes it may need to be replaced is this something you think you can do yourself?

Anthony

Maybe

You need to check for sure the ORIGINAL remote by doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPoifERrNs

Click the above please

Tested the remote it is fine

Its the IR receiver then, basically its a little board just behind the window on the front of the set you need to get this little board out and retrieve the part-number found on it, board has what looks like a little bulb on it but this is the IR capture device, do you think you can do that?

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.
Anthony

If the ir receiver is bad would the remote still turn the tv on and adjust the volume

Wish you had mentioned that......

No its not the IR receiver

So are you saying each and every remote you have behaves the same way?

Well maybe just contacting you was a great step I reset the whole tv and now it works thanks for the help ��

That is great news, what can happen is the micro-controller can lock up it does funny things then

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician