TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

TV is 3 years old Will not stay on for more then 5 seconds.

TV is 3 years...

TV is 3 years old Will not stay on for more then 5 seconds

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Three years old M# *****

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv will not stay on long enough to turn any thing else on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just last night TV shut it self off and would not come back on

9/23/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

During the 5 seconds that the TV stays on- does anything at all display on the screen please (Vizio logo, etc.)? Also were there any storms, surges or power outages last night?

Did you need assistance here?

No storms Just logo

Got it. The symptoms point directly to a failed Mainboard, which is not uncommon in Vizio sets, and in most cases requires replacement of that part to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (lower left hand rear corner of the TV), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician