TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Won't power up. M55onv I think about 5 yr. No yes. Just

Customer Question
Won't power up Technician's...

Won't power up

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

M55onv I think about 5 yr

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just recent we had a thunder storm

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Flashes on and off then lights up with the V then shuts off and flashs on and off again

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately these symptoms indicate the TV's "Mainboard" has failed (which is common in the event of a storm/surge, etc.). In most cases this requires replacement of this part to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

There is no power button on the set

Yes there is. Look on the lower left hand rear corner of the TV (back of the set). Also check the lower sides. It's not on the front of the TV.

That round control is power when you push it in. It's on the lower left hand side of the TV (more towards the rear). Can you find it?

Are you still with me here?

No power button
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I'm Nathan, a different tech here.

Your tv does have a power button, it is known as a "jag wheel", it is located on the side of the tv, at the lower right hand corner,

it sticks out slightly and is rotated to move through menu options, but pressing and holding it will act as a power button.

Here is a photo:

You are no help

Were you able to locate the power button that I referenced in the photo?