TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung UN46EH5300FXZA. Turn it on and it has a screen of…

Customer Question
Samsung UN46EH5300FXZA Technician's Assistant:...

Samsung UN46EH5300FXZA

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Turn it on and it has a screen of ststic. Turn it of and on again and it works but getting worse.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/23/2017
TV Technician: Webb-Tech,
 replied 10 months ago
Webb-Tech

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Just answer the question.
TV Technician: Webb-Tech,
 replied 10 months ago

sorry for the delay I had to step away for a moment. Give me just a minute to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

TV Technician: Webb-Tech,
 replied 10 months ago

wait a minute this is a TV I am not authorized to answer this question I thought it was an appliance. I will move this over to the correct category.

TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Model# *****
Source of signal is Dish network and flows through a reciever to the tv. I have checked all settings and find no problem w/ signal routing and the tv has worked fine for years till recently it started this cycling and static screen problem. As of today if We turn it on and off enough the good pic eventually comes on.
Model# *****
Source of signal is Dish Network and flows through a receiver to the TV. I have checked all the settings and find no problem w/ the signal routing and the tv has worked fine for years til recently it started this cycling and static screen problem. As of today if I turn it on and off enough times the good pic. eventually comes on and is perfect.

Thanks for the info.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

We are not working properly and have not heard from You. If there is no more help to be had please issue a refund
Tim

Tim, I requested a test in my reply on 25 Sept 2017, 8:36 AM, let me repost it..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info.

I responded anyway yes I did all that and it is the same as before. Cycles 3-5 time on and off before it develops a good pic.

OK, I didn't get that response but now.

Can you connect another video source/ device such as DVD/ Bluray player to TV as a test to see if TV acts the same or show normal picture in first attempt?

OK You're on to something. The Dish. net goes through a Yamaha unit along w/ other things. I use the DTV/CBL mode and has always worked. Now for some reason when I turn the tv off for a bit it loses that mode and must search for it is what I am seeing. When the static screen comes up i press the DTV/CBL button and the next cycle it comes on, which is much better then it has been. Now if I can figure out why it cannot hold that mode all will be well.

Nice to know that, I'm bit confused on DTV/CBL thing, is it a box that has its own remote to change channels?

OR how the Dish.net hooked to Yamaha receiver?

It seems Yamaha receiver is causing all it, if it is a Dish box/ receiver then kindly connect it directly into TV as a test to see if TV displays normal picture?

After much work w/ Dish net. I believe the problem may be The Dish receiver so I will pursue that.

OK, connecting the dish box directly to TV will help to determine it, if TV shows normal picture then Yamaha receiver is causing the problem and if problem still persist then dish box is defective. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.