TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It will not turn on. We have direct TV. The direct TV box is…

Customer Question
It will not turn...

It will not turn on. We have direct TV. The direct TV box is on, but the TV itself will not turn on. We try to manually push the on button on the side of the TV and several lights come on but then go off. The "on" button keeps going going on and off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Series 7 750 It has not been a problem before.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can't get the tv to turn on to see if the menu works.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Over the past two days, it has occurred, but after pushing the on button manually, it would eventually come on. This morning it will not.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/23/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on using the button on the tv itself not remotes.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

Please try this:-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on using the button on the tv itself not remotes.REPLY back here and tell me what happens.
Same thing is happening

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not, what size is the tv and what is the age/purchase date of the tv?

Don't know model number. Think it is 52 inch. Samsung 750 Series 7. Purchased about 5 years ago.

Ok

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. Not uncommon for a tv of this age. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you would need to use local repair shop but unfortunately that will very likely cost more than a new 52" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.