TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Is there any way to perform maintenance on my DLP chip in my…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Is there any...
Second opinion] Is there any way to perform maintenance on my DLP chip in my Samsung television that is causing white dots on the projection. I know I can purchase one but was looking for troubleshooting tips to possibly fix the chip or clean connections something along those lines? The model is HLT6156wx/xaa the brand is Samsung
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Once the tiny mirrors inside the chip start sticking or failing they cannot be fixed.

If you are getting white dots on the display then the DLP chip will need to be replaced.