TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Turning off and on repeatedly by itself. Bought in 2011.

Turning off and on...
Turning off and on repeatedly by itself
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Bought in 2011. Samsung PN51D7000
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Cant ever get to a menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Replaced a board last year (think it was the logic board)
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Does screen glow/ show light while TV goes to on-off itself?

Shows the small label in top left corner of what source is connnected. Rest of screen stays black. This is normal for power up but screen usually pops up after this. Power doesn't stay on long enough to get further in cycle.

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Removed power for hours. No cable box connected.
No change

OK, that test confirmed it is main board internal failure which is causing it to reboot repeatedly, replacement of main board in TV will fix the problem. Main board is one where video/ HDMI inputs are located. Please click following link to view main board image and part number info (same number would be written on label pasted on board in TV) to search/ google it to get price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/pn51d7000ffxza

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Replaced a board before. May just be time for new tv

I wish there was an easy/ quick fix available for this trouble in TV. New TV would be a nice decision.

If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician