Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I saw you had an answer for a Sylvania TV/VCR combo turning

Hi, I saw you had an answer for a Sylvania TV/VCR combo turning off after a few seconds of being on. We just started having the same issue with ours, except my main concern is that there is a favorite VHS in the VCR, and the TV won't stay on long enough to give it back. I wondered if there is a way to manually eject it without destroying everything?

Hi , my name is jack

I`ve been repairing thousands of vcr`s in my life and from what you are saying the the choice is either the tv/vcr combo or your tape unless you were to take this unit to an older tech. that knows about vcr`s

That is the part of your unit that is acting up right now

If you just want that tape back then break out the screwdriver and remove every screws in sight until you get to it or take it to a repair shop

Sorry but its one or the other , no magic trick here

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ah, that's a shame. I was afraid it might come to that. Once I have the VCR out and opened up, is there an easy way to pull out the VHS?

Sorry but no

The best I can tell you is to pull out all screws in sight and eventually it will come out

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer with the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT so i get compensated for my time and note that you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Please note the fact that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and rating below O.K service would only penalize me for that fact.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thanks for the advice. It's a shame to see the TV go, but we only used it for VHS so I guess with that part acting up it was already on its way out. I got the tape out in one piece.

Great , Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Thank you