TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sound no picture, I have reset it before when this happens…

Customer Question
Sound no picture, I...

Sound no picture, I have reset it before when this happens but I don't remember how I did it I know there's 2 different resets

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

My samsung led model bn68-04027a I bought it june2014

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have picture through the smart hub

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

The power blinked out for a half second it always does this when that happens

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Is it the cable box you're not able to get picture from right now? Please elaborate what you're trying to watch.

Do you need assistance with the question you posted?

The hdmi input, cable box and applet Tv same thing
It has done this a few times

Okay, so to clarify: Neither cable box nor Apple TV produce an image on the TV? But the Smart HUB does? Also are the cable box or Apple TV connected THROUGH a home theater receiver of some sort?

it goes through the HDMI in The receiver but I also tried disconnecting that and running it straight from the Apple TV and the cable box to the television it still says no HDMI one and put even though I can hear the sound
Helloooo
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

You mentioned a receiver, do you mean an audio/video receiver?

correct
I tried bypassing it and still the same thing

Okay are you able to see the samsungs own menu screens?

also the smart hub works fine

Okay when you bypassed the receiver, did you remember to change the input on the tv (hdmi1, hdmi2, etc) to match where you plugged in the source device?

Never mind I figured it out myself while waiting for your slow ass response... this is a pay service you need to get on your job!
You unplug the Tv and hold the power button for 20 seconds then leave the Tv unplugged for a few minutes

I am familiar with the process but needed to have all the details of the problem first, if the wrong inputs were used for example no amount of resetting will help that. My apologies for the delay, the site is not quite instant, I responded as soon as your last reply came through to me.