TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung PN64E550, does not turn on. Just gave it to you. The…

Customer Question
Samsung PN64E550, does not...

Samsung PN64E550, does not turn on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Just gave it to you.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The Samsung PN64E550 does not turn on, does nothing. One day it just quit working, nothing.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I've had the TV 4 yrs,and the power board has been replaced about two years ago.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/22/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Does power indicator on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

nothing at all happens, no click, no nothing.
where are you? Pd $5

I'm typing answer for you, please note that you have paid $38 to website for this chat/ question-answer session.

OK, power supply board in TV is first thing suspected and should be checked because of current symptoms of TV.

If you get standby 5V DC output on power supply board while TV power cord is plugged in working power outlet then main board is next thing that is suspected.

If no standby output volts on power board then replace power supply board in TV to get it alive.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.