TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The screen went black and have sound Samsung 3d smart tv.

The screen went black...

The screen went black and have sound Samsung 3d smart tv

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Samsung plasma model ps58c7000yfxxy

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It had a faint purple line across top then my daughter said it just went black

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Any idea how old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Did you hear any pop sound from TV when it went black?

I was not home. I brought tv second hand sorry
I think it did make a pop.sound

OK, typing info for you, give me couple of minutes to finish it

Yes, I'm typing info for you

Mostly this kind of problem occurs due to failure of sustain board (known as y-main and x-main board) mounted on either sides of rear of display panel/ the screen, pop sound from TV is another evidence of sustain boards failure. I'm sorry for this news, it is hardware related failure that needs defective sustain boards replacement in TV and this kind of work should be done by TV tech to avoid any electric shock.

Why would a small purple line be on top of tv for weeks prior

Good question, that line was due to failing buffer chip located on left side vertical board at rear of screen, it is quite possible that chip shorted out at first place and damaged the sustain boards as well.

would need to replace 3 items

It could be 2 or 3 circuit boards to be replaced.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

buffer and to sustain boards should fix this

Yes, either buffer and y-main board or add x-main board as well to get this TV fixed.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician