Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I ahve a mitsubishi 738 tv, i hooked u proku to it, picture

i ahve a mitsubishi 738 tv, i hooked u proku to it, picture works, no sound
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: probably 8 years old, model 738
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv menu works, and yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it started happening today when i installed the roku
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the Mitsubishi?

Also, which model Roku do you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok

Also, which model Roku do you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wait one

Yup.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tv is model WD-65738, roku is express

Okay thanks- taking a look now.

Can you shut the TV off and try one of the other HDMI Inputs as a test, then turn it back on, SELECT that input and see if you have sound please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sure
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still no sound

Does the TV have sound with any other devices if you plug something in using HDMI (like a cable box, blu ray player, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it worked fine, then i unplugged the receiver which had the cablebox and dvd running through the receiver, now the only thing plugged in to HDMI3 is the roku, nothing else is connected to the tv

Okay, did you turn the TV's speakers back ON in the menu after you disconnected the receiver?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
in the audio menu it says speakers are turned on, if there is another place i need to look i dont know where and mute is not on either

Using the Mitsubishi remote, go into MENU-----> the SOUND---->then turn TV Speakers ON.

Okay our replies crossed. Please plug something else into the TV besides the Roku like the cable box and let me know if the sound is on. We need to determine if the issue is the TV or the Roku.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
yep already did that

Can you see my next reply??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the cablebox sound through the tv works

Then the issue is the Roku. Possibly a defective unit, and on a user level all you can try is to unplug the Roku power cord for 30 full seconds, plug it back in and then attempt to use the Roku input again. If the device still does not have sound then it would indicate an issue with the Roku. How long have you owned the unit for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i just then unplugged the cablebox and the roku sound works

Excellent and glad to hear that! Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?