TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I bought a LG 55". 4G Ultra HD LED, LCD 55UH7650 on

Customer Question
I bought a LG...

I bought a LG 55". 4G Ultra HD LED, LCD 55UH7650 on 11/23/2016 at Costco. Problem with adjusting lightness of the picture. Wonder if there is a way to adjust the TV to the factory assigned setting. The picture is too dark on shadowy scenes and is totally black. Any idea? Ben Watada

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I bought the TV new at Costco. I have to see if I can find the actual Model number? Give me moment to find this for you.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the TV menu works but I am not very handy in adjusting the TV.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The model number is ***** and this darkness has always been a problem thinking that it was natural. However I now watch that program on another TV when I need to. So this problem was . not a problem that appeared. I think that when I had Spectrum adjust the color when he installed the TV, he kept adjusting the colors until I picked the one that I thought was the clearest. The darkness was noticable only when I watch a scene tht takes place inside a room without lights.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want to know if it can be adjusted because I am not that handy.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
9/22/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Do you have another input to try like a DVD player or similar ?is it the same using that?

I do not use.my DVD.since I off not know how to use the Spectrum remote to change from TV to DVD.

That may be the case but you see I am not prompting you to use it I just want you to use it for this check? you see if I called at your home I would be doing the same thing myself to isolate the TV from any input you may be using ,its simply a check so I know if its the sets fault or not.....

I would like to try the "call me" approach to my problem. Instead of the cell phone number that I gave you, call me on my land line telephone number(###) ###-#### Sorry for this delay.
I finally watched a movie on my DVD and the pictures were not clear and did not display bright colors. As I mentioned above, please call me tomorrow on my land line(###) ###-#### My question was can you tell me if it is possible to switch the TV back to the factory settings? I think Spectrum adjusted the bright coloring on the picture right after installing the TV for me. It just seemed worse in the last few months where I cannot watch a scene playing on the TV when the scene takes place in the shadows. The picture appearing on my TV is not clear like it is in the merchants showroom.
Please call me on my land line(###) ###-####
Proceed with online conversation if you have a response to my question.
OK seemingly no one is able to answer this over the phone so if its the same using a DVD player that tells me a lot, now this next check is very important before we start discussing anything else,press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menus color bad too?I am referring to the actual menu ITSELF? Look care fully is it nice and bright and is the lettering pristine white?let me know
Okay I pressed the menu button but the picture coloring on the screen did not change.
Can you tell me how I can change the brightness on the screen? I remember the Spectrum person pushing several button but I do not remember what buttons he pushed to change the brightness?
Sorry when I mentioned pushing buttons, I meant that the technician pushed the buttons on the TVs remote.

No you have mis-understood please read again what I am asking you to do read it carefully I am referring to the MENU the sets OWN menu

Louie, Technician