Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Ihave model LN40B500P TV. Works ok for 20-30 minutes and

Second opinion] Ihave model LN40B500P TV. Works ok for 20-30 minutes and then starts to lose signal for 2-3 seconds at a time, gets worse the longer it is on. Also will only operate from component inputs and not HDMI cable from cable box. Help!JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?Customer: LN40B500P3FXZA. 1 monthJA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?Customer: yes,yes, but cable input only works on component input not HDMIJA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?Customer: for several months, after thunder storms. I do have surge protectorJA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: thats it

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Its a failed main-board, storms in most cases damage either the power or more frequently the mainboard, this is the board with all the INPUTs attached,if you wish to replace this yourself please let me know,in your case I would say the HDMI buffers have been damaged and the switching chip for component both to do with the mainboard.

Let me know if you need more help

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.

Anthony