TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a colored band on the left edge that is adopt two…

I have a colored...

I have a colored band on the left edge that is adopt two inches wide all along the edge from top to bottom

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Mitsubishi LT52149

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was given the unit, but it was there for quite awhile

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What have you tried so far?

nothing

This is a very well known issue on this model. You could try unplugging the power cord for 3 minutes but if that doesn't work, I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise having it repaired by a local repair shop will unfortunately end up costing more than the tv is worth, so you should consider replacing the tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Mike- since I found a main video board on eBay for $53, I thought I would try replacing it. Unfortunately, it did not correct or even change the problem.

Correct, this is not a main board issue. Possibly the Tcon board, if the Tcon does not fix then you are done because it is a defective display screen.

Thanks Mike, I'll see if I can find one

ok

I found one and ordered it.. It was $33. When I get it in ill let you know how it does. Thanks again Mile

Yep. Fingers crossed.

Will do, thanks again