TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The controller does not turn computer on or off. If unpluged…

Customer Question
The controller does not...

The controller does not turn computer on or off. If unpluged for minutes, it will turn on, but then cannot turn off eith the controller. Model # of the TV is

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

The model # of TV is E221-A7

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

After re-plugging( 4-5 minutes), it will turn back on, & menu items work ok. I don't have any other inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

For several months. Originally worked fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Could this be a comtroller problem?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Yes it can be a controller problem. First step is to ask, have you replaced the batteries in the controller and tested how it then works?

Please let me know

Thank you