TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The sound quit while watching but still had picture. Tried

adjusting sound and cycling sound...
The sound quit while watching but still had picture. Tried adjusting sound and cycling sound and power on/off with no success. An hour later sound came back for 2 hours then quit again.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Toshiba 52Lx177, Oct. 2007
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu comes up on screen. Other TV on same receiver works fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Started last nite. Nothing out of ordinary happened.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
9/22/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

The sound returned. Will it stay on?

We cannot say yet, a lot of times it is the firmware and in that case it will

But I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Richard, Technician