Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We have an LG 65" Plasma that is 10years old and has

We have an LG 65" Plasma that is 10years old and has suddenly lost its picture but still has sound
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its a 65" Plasma LG and is 10 years old i'm trying to find the model number
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it has just happened and apart from turning it off and on again nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here,if you press the menu button of the sets own remote does the menu come up or not please?Anthony
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no there is no response on the screen at all. the model number is ***** if that's any help
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I notice that when I turn the unit on the green indicator light blinks three times
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
from what i read on the internet this seems to be a common problem with LG
Can you hear any clicks before set shuts down?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No But I cant here the fans going in the unit either
Its one of two things here either the set is not booting up or more likely there is a short circuit on one of the scan boards ,now your options are to do the work yourself this will mean using a volt ohm meter and with my help deciding what board is bad and ordering and replacing it,or using a tech to do the work costs for that 250 plus.
I am sorry this is not something easier ,let me know if you think you can do work yourself ,board costs around 100Anthony
Let me know if you need more help pleaseA positive rating of 3 to 5 stars is welcome the site will then release a payment to me thanks ,note question remains openAnthony
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for that I will see if My Step son is able to help me with this and get back to you for assistance. this unit is very heavy and takes two people to lift it and turn it around to access the rear and it's more than I can lift myself