TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My tv recognizes an HDMI is plugged in but displays the

"searching for signal" message JA: What's...
My tv recognizes an HDMI is plugged in but displays the "searching for signal" message
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Samsung UN55/C8000XFXZA. I have unplugged it for an extended period of time. I have plugged the source HDMI cable into another tv to ensure that wasn't the issue. I've blown out the plugs with compressed air and I've removed the back of the tv to blow all the dust out. It still doesn't work.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv menu works. All HDMI's do the same thing. I didn't check the component input
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about a month. Nothing happened. It just started doing it. I would troubleshoot it and it would work for a night then the next time it wouldn't work again. After 4 or 5 time of doing this, it does it 100% of the time now.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
9/22/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Are you able to select HDMI input when push Source button on TV remote?

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and video source connected to TV power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haveplugged the source HDMI cable into another tv to ensure that wasn't the issue. I've blown out the plugs with compressed air and I've removed the back of the tv to blow all the dust out. It still doesn't work.

OK, last question, was there any lightning/ thunderstorm in area that might have caused this problem in TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have also performed multiple hard starts/re-sets on the tv using the unplugged method and the process through the tv itself. These would cause the tv to work for a short period of time but then revert back to the same issue. Now the issue remains 100% of the time. I have also made sure the software is up to date.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing specific but it was our storm season when the issue began so it is possible.

OK, typing info for you, give me couple of minutes to finish it

This is HDMI processor chop failure mounted on main board and main board replacement is next option to fix the problem. Please click following link to view main board image and part number info (same part number would be written on main board inside the TV) to search/ google it to get price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un55c8000xfxza

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote around $300 or so...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician