TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I turn on the tv, I need to set the input each

Customer Question
When I turn on...

When I turn on the tv, I need to set the input each time...the correct input is HDMI1...then after about 4 minutes, the picture and sound go out....then I need to re-start it according to the same process: moving the input to HDMI1...then in about 4 minutes, it goes out again..should i throw it out, or can you tell me whats wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

The make is LG and the model number is ***** yes, we bought it used and turning it on has always been a problem

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes once, I have the input in correctly, the menu works...I have only tried HDMI1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing...we just bought it used, and this has been an issue from the beginning

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video source/ device is hooked into HDMI-1 input of TV?

It's the cable box

OK, please first of all reboot cable box.

If problem still persist then switch HDMI cord/ try another HDMI cord and reply back with the result

Ok

Thanks