TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Is there a restart on my tv mauale the tv lamp light not…

Is there a restart...

Is there a restart on my tv mauale the tv lamp light not working replaced it light blinking yellow blue light stays on then goes on and off sound no picher

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

56hmx96

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No tv menue does not work the tv is 11 years old the only problem is in the main source all the other tvs work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I live in florida we had a hurricane irma the tvs went out went to boot in the living room so i could have tv realized it when the power went back on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know if there is a reset button on the tv it self instead of using a remote

9/21/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Where did you buy the new lamp and how much did it cost?

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?

i bought the lamp light on the internet it came it was perfect u could see my was broke put the new won in the blue light went on there was sound then the yellow light started blinking went on and off about 5 times then the red light started blinking blue light went off ther is sound but no picher

I need to know what internet site and how much you paid for it please

i paid 79.95 internet is direct tv

Please try this:

-unplug the tv POWER cord

-take the lamp out of the tv

-put the lamp back in and make sure it is fully seated into the tv

-put the lamp DOOR onto the tv and make sure it is properly installed onto the tv

-plug in the tv power cord and press power on the tv

REPLY back here and let me know what happens

ok give me 15 min

ok

blue light goes on no picher yellow light starts blinking
it goes on and offf it trying to reboot but its not
is there a a way to restarst your tv without the remote

You have already restarted your tv by unplugging the power cord.

More details regarding the blue light and yellow light are needed to say what the issue is. Can you describe EXACTLY what those two lights are doing please.

know the blue light went off theres a solid yellow and a red light blinking blue light off

It's very hard to understand your reply because you are not using comma's or periods. I don't know which light is blinking or solid or what color.....

the yellow light is solid the blue light is off the red light is blinking

Ok, one minute please.

This indicates one of the FANS inside the tv is not running. I'm very sorry to say, the tv will not run until the fan is replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (substantial previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

the funny thing is the fan works on the vent where the lamp is is there 2
can i replace it my self

Yes, there is more than one fan. Also the fan could be running but not at the correct speed. If the fan is running too slow, the tv can detect that and will not allow the tv to run.

I don't know if you can replace it yourself... what previous experience do you have with repairing electronics?

i use the computer to use my knowlge its been very helpful what fan would it be and can i do it im not a dumb dumb
where would i get the part depending on what fan i have 2

I won't be able to tell you which fan is the bad fan... You would have to take the whole back off the tv and check all the fans.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
i know the fan is working by the light where is the othe one

Take the entire back off the tv.

You don't have to keep opening new questions. All that does is charge you more here.

Your tv has two, or maybe three FANS.

You have to take the back off your tv.

You have to find which fan is bad.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician