TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I had it connected to fioptics yesterday. I was getting what…

Customer Question
I had it connected...

I had it connected to fioptics yesterday. I was getting what looked like a pop up menu listing various choices which I could not get out of without turning the tv off and back on. If I left the tv on, the pop up would eventually disappear, but then I'm getting blank colored screens in red, green blue white, black and a couple grey. Now I can't do anything with the yv at all, either with the tv remote or the fioptics remote. Hekp?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Sylvania, Modle LC225SL9. I talked to fioptics tech who suggested I try using the tv remote hitting the enter button, which did eliminate the pop up but didn't really solve anything. The pop up came back with the colored screens. At this point the tv has a black screen with the HDTV notification in top right corner, but I can't get the cable on.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No nothing is working.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Started last night. Out of the blue this started. I turned the tv off last night and started again this morning, For about half an hour every thig seemed to be fine, but then the pop up came back with the colored screens.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I wouldn't know what else to tell them. I changed the batteries in the fioptics remote, but that didn't do anything.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/22/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Your TV is stuck in "Purity Check Mode." In this mode, the TV cycles through full-screen displays of red, green, blue, white, and partial-white to check for non-active pixels. The TV has somehow gone into service mode, and the colors on your screen are a test pattern.

First, try pressing exit on the Sylvania remote.

If that doesn't work, remove the power cord from the wall, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 20 seconds. Then plug the set back in and power it up.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------