TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just put new batteries in my Grundig Yacht Boy 400 after…

Customer Question
I just put new...

I just put new batteries in my Grundig Yacht Boy 400 after months w/o batteries while in storage. The multi function display shows seconds and minutes ticking but the radio doesn't turn on. Worked fine last time I used it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It's a FM/Shortwave radio Not a TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is the first time. there are no troubleshooting guides in manual

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else to share

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/22/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Check that the battery terminals are clean and there is no corrosion or rust.

If the batteries are good and there is no corrosion then the radio has an internal fault and will require a repair.