TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I was just moving my firestick (that has been working) from

Hi - I was just...
Hi - I was just moving my firestick (that has been working) from one TV to. Dynex TV (7 years old). The TV shows "Firestick" as an input option, but when selected defauts to the anrenna chanels
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: DX-26LD150A11. Dynex
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: First time I have ever tried to use the HDMI ports
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: menu works - not sure how to test
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and assist. When you are on the HDMI input, does it stay on that input? Do you see the firestick?

It seems to stay on that input, but I see that my brother may have manually created the "firestick" input. I better get help to make sure it is in the right HMDI port
Also there is a HD local tv attena connected to the tv via cable
When I go to TV Menu, Channel, TV source = Cable or Antenna
So it may not be recognizing the HDMI?

It seems it isn't recognizing the HDMI. Can you tell me if you have more than one HDMI input?

Is the power to the amazon firestick plugged in?

There is 2 HMDI ports - firestick is plugged in to power

OK. Please try plugging it into the other HDMI input and select that source. Let me know if that works.

I went down the line of all "not_used" inputs....FOUND IT!!!!
Thank You!!!

Great. That's wonderful. Please feel free to rate me if you feel I was a help. Thank you and as always let me know if you have any followup questions.

Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician
Will do - have a great day!
Joe AV
Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician