TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have at&t cable system and a samsung TV. I am trying to…

Customer Question
I have at&t cable...

I have at&t cable system and a samsung TV. I am trying to install a sony BLu-ray disc / DVD player. I am unsure what type of cord to use and which outlets to use. thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The samsung is less than 3 months old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just purchased the blu-ray player today

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/21/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number of both the tv and player if possible?

samsung model un32j 4000bf sony blu-ray model bpps3700 serial no. 135 81255 6e

Thank you for confirming,

you will need to use a hdmi cable to connect the 2. Plug a hdmi cable into the hdmi port (there is only one) on the back of the player, and the other end to an available port on the tv, such as hdmi2 for example (you are likely using hdmi1 already for your att cable box). Then take the samsung tv remote (not the att or sony remote) and press the Source/Input button, repeatedly, until you get to the hdmi2 (or whichever port you connect to) input mode setting. From there you'll switch over to the Sony remote to play discs or use the other features of the player.

Best regards,

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.