TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I turn on my Sharp TV I get a black screen with the…

Customer Question
When I turn on...

When I turn on my Sharp TV I get a black screen with the word "Sharp". TV won't do anything else.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I am not sure. I think it's about 4 yrs. old. My wife has one to see what model it is.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works. The only way to turn it on is to unplug from wall and plug back in.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This became an issue two nights ago. My son turned it off to go to bed. The next day it started this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Model# *****

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/21/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what you have already tried to do to resolve this?

Thank you