TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 55" Vizio I purchased from Bestbuy aat a discount…

Customer Question
I have a 55"...

I have a 55" Vizio I purchased from Bestbuy aat a discount floor model. It idin't come with a remote and when I plugged it in and turned it on the picture is dark in the upper right and lower left quadrant.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

M55D0

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Can't find a menu button on side only on/off, channel selection and HDMI1 HDMI2 etc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

First time I turned it on yesterday. I thought it might correct itself but it hasnt

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No Just can it be corrected or am I stuck with it because I bought it on sale as a floor model

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/21/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

When was the tv purchased?

Last week from Best Buy at Crabtree Valley Mall location Raleigh NC
Please disregard all correspondence. I thought I was talking to a Vizio rep. Please refund the $5.00 immediately
Thank you

Thank you for confirming,

the remote is a minor issue, it is easy enough to buy a replacement, however the issue of the dark picture is a hardware defect, meaning the backlight in the tv is faulty or even the lcd panel is defective (the screen itself) which is not fixable. The warranty status of these is always suspect when purchased as open box items, and the vizio warranty service process is very long and cumbersome to deal with. Your best option here is to return the tv to the store immediately for a refund/exchange. It is up to the store managers discretion, but typically they give a 15 day return period for open box items, they are not usually final sale, and as long as you're willing to buy a new tv from them, they'll usually allow it.

Vizio would not provide any sort of help with this issue. I've provided a written answer above already.

I'd be happy to recommend a better quality replacement model for you to purchase, if you would like.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

I am disputing the fee now with my credit card company. I was tricked.

I'm sorry you feel that way. This is a paid support service which is made clear when putting in your payment info and posting your question.

Vizio would not provide assistance of any kind with this issue, this is a fee based expert support service where you can get an objective expert opinion for a small fraction of the cost of a local repair tech coming out on site. I did provide you an answer above which will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control as your tv has an internal hardware defect. Ultimately the payment is up to your discretion and conscience. If you opt to cancel or ask for a refund of the fees you signed up for, that has the effect of me having to work for free for my time spent advising you in good faith.

I would be happy to help further in providing you with replacement recommendations to help ensure you get a good value for your consultation fee, if you would like.

Best regards,