TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have vertical lines on my Samsung 52 inch they do not

I have vertical lines...

I have vertical lines on my Samsung 52 inch they do not cover the menu

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Where can I find the model number?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works and all other input are fine only hdm12 is bad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

2 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It looked like tinsel

9/21/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Are you able to test all of the hdmi inputs using a variety of devices and NEW hdmi cables?

I have not tried new cables as of yet should I?

Have you tried simply unplugging all the POWER cords, reseating the hdmi cables on the back of the tv AND back of the device(s), then plugging in all the POWER cords?

I havnt but I will do that now

Ok, let me know if that works or not.

Ok I tried that but nothing has changed

What are you plugging into the hdmi port(s)? Just one thing, like a cable box? or is there more than one thing?

I did put the HDMI cable in the second HDMI port do you think it may be the cable itself?
The cable box the only new device added recently is a Roku stick

So the same problem is on BOTH the cable box AND the Roku ?

No the roku is ok only the cable is bad

Ah, ok. You could try swapping the Roku and cable box on the back of the tv.

And if the problem follows the cable box, it's time to try a new hdmi cable and new/different cable box.

I just did that so all 3 HDMI ports are bad with the Jimi cable for the cable box

Ok, do you have a spare hdmi cable or can you borrow another cable box from another room?

should I try that?

yes

It was the cable box just disconnecting the HDMI from the box itself and plugging it back in it cleared itself. Thank you for all of your help talking me through this.

You're welcome. All the best.

Please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician