TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have an old ROKU and suddenly it quit working so we

bought a new one, hooked...
We have an old ROKU and suddenly it quit working so we bought a new one, hooked it up and it won't work either so something is wrong and we don't know what it is. The cable is inserted in the unit AND the back of the TV but no connection. On that limited information could you give us an idea of what we could do to perhaps get it going?
9/21/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

When you say it is not working, exactly how is it not functioning?

What is it not doing?

Please let me know

When I click on it nothing happens. It's not turning on. I thought it wasn't hooked up properly but it appears it is.
Do the cables connecting it wear out?

No cables can fault but do not wear out. But you mean you see nbo power on the unit at all?

Is it the Roku Box or the stick that plugs into the HDMI port on the TV?

It is the Roku Box that plugs in with the HDMI port. It appears to be plugged in properly and the light on the box is on but there is nothing comes on the screen of the TV.

Ok, on the TV, press the input or source button on the TV's remote until you get a signal.

Do you then see it? Cycle through each input till you do please

I couldn't get it to do a thing except for the light on the Box to blink. I went to the Receiver and it said put in a password ***** I have no idea what a password ***** be.

ok, so you now see the Roku box on the screen but it is asking for a password?

No didn't see the Roku box at all just went into the Receiver mode and that asked for a password

Which port on the TV is the Roku box connected to?

I don't understand the old Roku was working fine until it just disappeared from the screen and we replaced that unit with the new one and it can't be accessed either.

On the left side as I face it. The TV is a Panasonic. There are several ports but the others are all filled.

ok, but look at the port, what is written on it?

It looks like AV with IN under that.

ok, it should be connecting to a HDMI port with a HDMI cable, can you connect it that way please

My husband says that's what the port is and I just saw the first letters but under those it is the right port.

ok.. it should be connecting to HDMI, but make sure the TV is switched to AV if you feel this is the correct input.

What do you then see?

I'm not sure what you mean by the TV being switched to AV.

by using the input / source button on the TV

I know I'm appearing very ignorant but how do I do that?

by using the input / source button on the TV remote

Is that the area where I click on the source of DVD: Roku: and other add ons?

yes

Richard, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you last night I kept trying to get that Roku to work and never was able to however I hooked the old one back up and it is working now. Have no idea what happened there. Anyway, thank you for your help.
I am not able to rate you for some reason. Please release that so I can.

Perfect! Are you able to rate now?

Richard, Technician
Richard, Technician