TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have purchased, from Vienna, VA's Walmart, a 28" Samsung

I have purchased, from Vienna...
I have purchased, from Vienna, VA's Walmart, a 28" Samsung Class HD (920P) LED TV ON CLEARANCE to replace a basic LG TV. There was
JA: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?
Customer: no set-up information nor information as to how to operate this tv. I need it only
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I want it ONLY to view the available programs ...nothing else! DO you have
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Trying to use the SANSUNG REMOTE AND MY VERISON REMOTE.....
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I REALY WANT a basic instruction manual explaining how to do so. Nothing fancy just how do I operate this tv? Can you please send me a basic
9/21/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me what specifically you are having trouble operating? What is the complete model number of the tv?
Do you have a verizon cable box for this tv?

Nathan, Installer
Figuring out how to use the Samsung remote and my Version remote harmoniously to activate any of the daily programs offered. I do not want any additional activities other than viewing daily offered programs nor any other special app.s to
confuse me..... a basic simple step by step run-through on how to open up this very complex tv. The number you requested is UN28H4500,
Phone call session started

I've been trying to call you, but get no answer.

I simply want a explanation in english the primary way to open up and get into the programs offered. Thats all.
1- do this;
2 do this, etc. explanation .
A phone call is not necessary.....

You asked for and have already paid for a call.

I can provide written directions here as well though

First, here is a copy of your manual, for your future reference: http://bit.ly/2jLFgPC

There is no manual included with these, nor with most any new tv these days. There is an electronic version of the manual only, which you can get from the link above, or from the help menu on the tv.

As for using it, plug the cable box into the hdmi1 port on the back of the tv,

take the samsung remote and press the source (input) button, select hdmi1, then set the tv remote aside

you will use the cable remote from that point to change channels, access your guide, recordings, etc. The tv remote will be used only for turning the tv on and off, and for adjusting the volume. The cable remote will be used for channels and navigating your cable programming.

I would appreciate a written explanation of the "in" and 'out' procedure. That's all.
Some thing simple that opens up the guide and programs.
Thank you.
This TV is directly attached to my telephone company Version box.... ....no cables, etc. I am an 83 yr. retired university
public librarian. I use my Apple Air computer daily as well as videos and films. I thank you for your assistance and hope
I was not rude in responding to your inquiries. I really want a basic tv with out the Smart extras. Thanks.
Information about setting-up this tv was in the box with the tv. Thus, my need for your expertess in thinned for the basic info.
I requested. Thanks.
I did go into Samsung's E MANUAL 149 pg.s + but was overwhelmed by the vastness of their information.
What happened to the basic tv of yesterday year? The VA.Telephone Company's Version 'box' that
runs this program is what I have.... a cable set-up..? Again, thank you for your help.
NO phone call is necessary. Good night.

Yes, what you have is a cable setup, so you would connect the box via hdmi and proceed as I had mentioned earlier.

Nathan, Installer