TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Do not know how the closed captioning started on my Aquos Tv…

Customer Question
Do not know how...

Do not know how the closed captioning started on my Aquos Tv but I cannot get it off. I have tried to hit the "cc" button on the remote but it is doing nothing. I have also gone to the options tab like it says to do in the manual but there isn't even a closed captioning section under that tab. How do I turn it off?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your AQUOS is, and have you done any troubleshooting yet?

I would say about 10 years old. The model number is ***** OR LC-37D43U

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No. Everything else is working which is why this is driving me crazy. I can change inputs, turn on/off, change a/v mode...just not cc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Two days. Have no idea what happened. I can say the remote was on my husbands side of the bed when I went to turn it on and the cc was on. He said he doesn't think he did anything...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/21/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 11 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue. First I would like to ask you if the closed caption is on all the inputs. It might be that the closed caption originates from the cable box. Please let me know.