TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Watching amazon and tv went out and now shows no signal.

Customer Question
Watching amazon and tv...

Watching amazon and tv went out and now shows no signal. switched back to cable and tv shows no signal. unplugged tv, cable etc and still shows no signal all other tv's in house have good receptios and work fine.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

7 yrs old model is 55lx6500

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing was watching tv and no signal popped up

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

- How long the TV and cable box left unplugged?

problem is on all video devices. tv was unplugged for less than a minute

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I have unplugged power source to all devices and will wait 10 minutes and advise. Thanks

OK, please take your time

same results, waited 10 minutes still showing no signal

OK, are you able to select correct HDMI input in TV where the cable box HDMI cord is hooked into?

it still states no signal

This is odd, we need to verify the HDMI inputs of TV with another video source such as DVD/ Bluray player etc to see if TV shows picture of bluray playback?

selected hm1 still no signal

I got it, did you get my previous reply?

I have cable, amazon and dvd all plugged into a multiple power outlet and none of them work or show any signal on the tv
I'm done here, goodbye

I was typing info that takes little time to finish, any way, good bye