TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My husband pressed buttons on the tv and now just static no…

Customer Question
My husband pressed...

My husband pressed buttons on the tv and now just static no picture. When pressing input it goes on hdmi 4 sometimes on cable analog 44. Tried calling cable put couldn't help. No technician for 2 days.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

Sharp and we have been pressing every button we can with no use. Cable reset the box twice and still didn't help/ he uses both tv remote and cable remote. He is 75 and a little dementia and doesn't know what he pressed.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No on the menu nothing else works except the input button. can't even change channels on the box.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

He was watching normal tv untill he played with the remote buttons. It has been this way for 3+ hrs

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please tell me exactly where, on the back of the tv, the cords from your cable box are plugged in at, such as hdmi1, hdmi2, video1, rf, antenna, etc?

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.