Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

It is taking up to 10 minutes to get picture. Voice is on

it is taking up to 10 minutes to get picture. Voice is on immediately.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: model VA26L Serial L2VDAAK1203818 purchased 7/09
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu works problem is the same it is only upon turning on. once picture appears it's good as long as tv is on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a week. nothing happened. it just started doing this
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.

While there is no picture, can you see the TV MENU using the original Vizio tv remote? (not cable/sat remote)

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
no

You might try unplugging the power cord for 3 minutes but if that doesn't help, which it likely won't, I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. Not unusual for a tv of this age. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise having this tv repaired would cost way more than buying a new 26" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.