TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my Panasonic smart tv and wifi.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Model TC-55LE54. Viera. I have talked to my cable provider, Cox. I have inputed my password ***** dozen times. It keeps saying to connection. Then it suddenly worked than stopped again. everything else works. Compurewr. cell phone Nook.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Restarted the cable box. Talked with Cox Tech. people. Its started about 2 months ago. It would just kick me out of Netflexas. I increased the speed to 100 Mbps.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The TV is in another room, but all other devices have a strong wifi signal.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Is this your first time trying or has the tv worked previously? How far is it from the router?

I have had the tv 5 years and have never had this problem, the router is in another room about 30 to 40 feet away. All other devices work except the tv internet connection.

Thank you for confirming,

this is indicative of an internal hardware failure in the tv, meaing a failed wifi adapter. Would it be possible for you to (temporarily) run a long ethernet cable from the router to the tv, or move the tv near the router and plug it in directly there so you can test if it is able to connect via the wired lan?

Louie, Technician