TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV not working ,snowy and message reads no or weak signal I…

Customer Question
TV not working ,snowy...

TV not working ,snowy and message reads no or weak signal I have plugged it in and out. I can only get snowy picture with remote from tv set not the Comcast remote. Lost power for 24 hrs during the storm but Tv worked when the power came back on,. However there were many short power outages for just a few seconds over the weekend tV out since Saturday

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?

Samsung 2009

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I said since Saturday night, I have put plug in and out of wall socket. Please read my answers . Please have a solution I can easily manage or please please send a technician out to my home.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

To be clear, this is an online based chat support, there is not a tech that could come to your home at this point.

Could you please tell me the complete model number from the back of the tv?

Can you also tell me, specifically, where on the back of the tv that comcast box is connected (they are all labeled, such as hdmi1, hdmi2, video1, etc)?

52inch 1080p 120Hz LCD Flat pane ToC process w/4 HDMIThe comcast box in located on a shelf below the TV There are 3 cables connected one say cable in, one say cable tv in and one has a red circle on letters
I am not going to pay any money

To be clear, this is a paid support service, it is not free help. You have already paid the agreed upon chat fees to correspond with me here, this is not optional.

Separate from that, you may be seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Do you wish to continue, with the understanding that you have been charged for my help here?

If so, I need the complete model number from the back of the tv. What you listed are all features. There is a sticker on the back of the tv with the model.

Again I also need to know the specific connection from the box to the tv, which port on the back of the tv is connected to the box?

Model LN 52A6520A1FX2AThere are 3 cables connected to the back of the box The TV must be plugged into the pot labelled cable in I cannot remove this cable it is screwed in very tight. I had the power on and removed the two remaining plugs at separate times and the TV kept running.

I'm not asking you to remove or change any of the connections, but I need to know exactly where it is connected on the back, it would be labeled on the tv such as RF, Antenna, hdmi1, hdmi2, etc.

My computer is not in the same room as my TV. The TV is 3 rooms away, it is a cabinet, an entertainment center, all the components a cables and wires are almost inacessible to me.

Can you use a flashlight or even a small mirror to be able to see? This detail is critical to getting the tv set properly to get your channels back.

I believe it is HDIM1 There are 3 slots in that column . It looks like the TV is plugged into the bottom slot So maybe it could n\be HDIM3

Okay thank you for looking, I know that may not have been easy to get to.

The next step now is to take your samsung tv remote (not the cable remote) and press the INPUT (source) button on it, repeatedly, until you get to HDMI1, and see if you get the picture/sound from the box back. If not, check on hdmi3.

Eureka!! it worked. When can I use the Comcast remote?

Great! Glad to hear that, you can return to the comcast remote now. Just keep the tv set on the right input, then from there you'll use the comcast remote for changing channels, guide, dvr, etc.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan took time to wait for me to walk back and forth from my computer to the TV. He patiently waited. He explained what I had to do very well. I can give him a four star rating.

Thank you

Nathan, Installer