TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My direct tv remote will not change volume on my new tv,

Customer Question
My direct tv remote...

My direct tv remote will not change volume on my new tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Brand new. Bought today. Sharp 4K UHD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Old tv worked fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I bought it today. Trying to sync power n volume with direct tv remote so I don't have to use both

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/20/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just decline if you don`t want it .

Do you have the genie (silver and black) remote or the universal with the slide switch at the top ?

Was your previous tv also a sharp ?

I think the silver n black remote. It was toshiba

You think ?

You don`t have it with you ?

The remote i`m talking about is silver at the bottom half and black the top half

If you have it nearby the look on then upper left corner for a number that starts with RC..... for example RC72

Rc72

O.k then thats the genie and the programing gets done on screen

This is how ;

1. Turn on the TV. ...
  2. Press and hold the MUTE and ENTER buttons while pointing the remote at your Genie DVR. ...
  3. Press MENU on the remote. ...
  4. Select "Settings & Help".
  5. Select "Settings" from the menu that appears.
  6. Choose "Remote Control". ...
  7. Select the "Program Remote" option and follow the on screen instructions/prompts

Here is another version

1. Press MENU on your remote.
  2. Select Settings & Help > Settings.
  3. Select Remote Control > Program Remote.
  4. Select the device you wish to program.
  5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete programming

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

What is my model selection number. I have been to this point before.
sharp 50' 4kUHD

Usually it would be brand name dependent only ,

I dont have your model number , you did not give it to me !

It will be on the back cover and start with LC if not on the user manual

If it is a 50" it will start with LC-50.......

Try lc-50lb261 for example , the codes should be the same anyway

It is lc50lbu591u. It is not picking it up. I have 33 codes to try. I have done this twice before w no results

Wish you had said that to start with !!

Can`t help you then sorry , get a refund here 1.***-***-**** , that remote won`t operate this tv ,period

If you think otherwise then contact direct tv but you probably done that already

.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician