TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I live in Vero Beach, Fl. I have comcast/xfinity The sound…

Customer Question
I live in Vero...

I live in Vero Beach, Fl. I have comcast/xfinity The sound on my TV keeps getting lower and then higher to obnoxious levels - this happens mostly at night - when the news begins. First it was NBC and last night is was also ABC. the sound is so low you can;t hear it and if we adjust it it ROARS. I imagine Irma has something to do with this, I went to our local Comast and got a new remote but it is still hao=ppening

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

My TV is a Visio it was purchased about 10-12 years ago is a 47" HD and we have had no problems with it until now and the hurricane

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started right after the hurricane Irma hit our area and we got our power back. Got a new Remote from Comcast with new batteries . It is fine all day and then just as NBC world news starts with Mr. Holt the sound goes down and down and then Roars. So last night tried ABC news and within a few minutes the same thing happened. My husband is a disabled vet, he is blind but does enjoy listening to the news.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so - Do I ?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/20/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?