TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just bought a Samsung 7 Series TV, I also have a Samsung…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a Samsung 7 Series TV, I also have a Samsung ULTRHD Blueray, however they are not compatible. What do I need to do to make them work?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model is NU55MU7100FXZA, just bought it today, brand new.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Just the blur ray, the installer said I would need an analog to digital converter!!!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Ok, I just had the TV installed today, I have had the Blueray for about a year. The TV is newer than the Blueray.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Just what I need to make them work.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model of the player?

UBD K8500

There is no reason for these 2 devices to not work, they are compatible with each other. You do need to use the hdmi connection and make sure you're using the MAIN (not sub) hdmi out on the player. You also need to be using the latest hdmi2.0 rated hdmi cables, the older hdmi1.3 or prior versions will not work here, which may be the issue.

Other than that, connect to any of the hdmi inputs on the tv, lets say hdmi3 for example, then set the input on the tv using the samsung tv remote to hdmi3, and the picture from the player should come up.

Rae you still there?
Ok, thank you. I will try that and see if it works.

You're welcome, and good luck!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,