TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

4" band vertical intermittent band across screens.

4" band vertical intermittent band...
4" band vertical intermittent band across screens. Tightening cable connection seemed to help alleviate somewhat.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung 55" 7-8 yrs old-ln52a580p6f
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just appeared- has DTV mini-box and on genie. No other TV's in house have problem. Picture quality is good aside from problem'
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When going to saved program screen it stops-soundtrack related? Reparable?
9/20/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Ola

Hi

Do you have that band right now ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just decline if you don`t want it .

O.k then open the tv`s own menu , does it cover it or it still shows over the menu ?

No

I take it that you mean NO it does not cover it ?

Correct
No band on menu but or small picture in upper left hand cornr

O.k then this is caused by the tv`s t-con board , there are some 3 versions of it for this model and if you are into this you can see them at the link below ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/ln52a580p6fxza

I do have a test for you , try to knock on the tv`s upper frame just above the screen and see if that affects it

Small picture in upper left hand ???

Never mind the knocking , a 4 " band cannot be produced by bad contacts

If you are into this you can get that board at the last link i gave you for $42

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 to $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 9 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Are instruction for board installation available on line-google?

I`m sure there are plenty on youtube

Give me a minute please

There you go , plenty of youtube video`s on that ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYeC12zfGY

May not be your exact model but same job

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician