TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Led tv will turn on but no picture not even the menu but the…

led tv will turn...

led tv will turn on but no picture not even the menu but the light indicating the tv is on or off shows it should be working

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?

Un40h6203 samsung

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu no source selection optiononal it's like it's not an option i can hear the slight hum of the tv when it's on but there is absolutely NO video whatsoever

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I only noticed today when i turned my tv on today it's not connected to anything right now but i should at least get the menu

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Or source selection but that's not showing up even though the indicator light shows that it should have recieved the order

9/20/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Yes so long as the TV is on you "should" be able to get the MENU unless there's a hardware failure within the TV/ That said, I need to know if the set still has sound? Does the Samsung logo display on the screen when the set is first powered up? Is the screen backlighting (meaning slightly lighter than if the set were off)? Let me know these details and we can proceed.

no to the samsung logo
let me check the backlight

Okay and also check the sound. Thanks.

There should be a turn on chime.

no to the backlight
no to the sound
the only indication it should be working is the red indicator light behaves normal

Okay got it. Sounds like a faulty Mainboard, or in some cases the power board. It's a hardware issue and requires repairs. That said are you looking to fix the set yourself? Or what type of assistance were you looking for here today?

i just wanted to find out if i really just needed to invest in a new tv or if it was something i could fix
but it seems like it might just be cheaper to replace it

It is fixable, but you need test equipment like a multi-meter to know which board is at fault. Or you could buy both boards and still be under $200. It's up to you. Would you like me to pull up links to the boards??

no thank you i'll let my husband decide if he wants to go that route but thanks for the help

For under $100 in parts, you could fix the TV yourself (no soldering is required to replace the boards). Otherwise a shop will charge close to $300 parts and labor for this repair which is not cost effective as a brand new 46" LED starts around the same cost.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
No thanks
Aric, Technician