TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My flatscreen LG tv picture only takes up 1/6 of the screen…

My flatscreen LG tv...

My flatscreen LG tv picture only takes up 1/6 of the screen when in TV cable mode is on. Gives a full picture when DVD is being played

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model 47LV4400-UA built in 2011

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works full screen when DVD is played

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing happened that I am aware of. I unplugged it when it first happened and when I turned it back on the full screen came back. That hasn't worked since that one time. It has been this way a month

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No thx

9/20/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Are you using a cable box with the TV- or direct cable from the wall- no box please?

Also, whom is your cable provider please (Comcast, Charter, etc.)?

Cable bos connected with hi-def cable. Mediacom is provider

The issue is the cable box itself- not your TV, as the TV would also be displaying 1/6th screen in DVD mode if there were a problem with the TV. The only thing on a user level you can do is to reboot the Cable Box- and beyond that contact Mediacom and have them REPLACE the box (as the formatting system in the box is faulty).

First, shut the TV off and then unplug the power cord from the back of the cable box for 15 seconds and plug it back in.

Wait 2-3 minutes for the box to begin to bootup and then turn the TV on.

Once the box finishes booting, check and see if the picture is processed in a normal format, and if it is not- then contact Mediacom to have them replace the offending box.

Are you able to see my reply behind the site offers? Just so you know, I do not send those offers, the site does it automatically and oftentimes it blocks my replies. Please X out of any of the other offers and read my reply- then follow those steps to proceed.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

thank you. Will do as you say

You're welcome. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician