TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv says antenna not connected, but it is, as we have a

Tv says antenna not...

Tv says antenna not connected, but it is, as we have a second tv connected to the same outside roof antenna

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

A Samsung model number un22D5000NF. I've checked the antenna connection, went into the menu to antenna settings that's where it tells me not connected, I've taken and unplugged the TV for a bit and then plug it back in.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works, but I don't have any other sources or inputs connected to this tv, like Internet or satellite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Two days ago it just quit while we were watching the morning news, it went off and the screen said no signal. Now it says check signal cable.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

We have been experiencing some cloudy overcast weather, but it doesn't seen to be affecting the signal on the othet

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just decline if you don`t want it .

Hello

Hi

First thing to do is to make sure the tv is in TV/TUNER mode then if you have an antenna for 2 TV's then there is a splitter for the signal , try to swap the coaxial cables at the splitter to see if the problem will remain with the same tv or switch

Finally , you may need to rescan/ search for channels again and if nothing does then the TV's tuner went defective in which case I may have a couple of solutions for this

Ok that will take me a few minutes to do as I'll have to do some moving around

No problem , take your time

Ok did that and this tv still says antenna not connected

O.k then in that case your TV's tuner went defective and it is consistent with that fact that it quit while watching it

Either the tuner module or the main board tuner control itself

Give me a minute fo the options here , have to type this down

Ok

If you are into this and want to bring the tv back to original then here is the TV's main board (tuner mounted on it) for $60 ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-04511j-main-board-for-un22d5000nfxza.htm

Just verify on your TV's back cover that the version is AY01

Something that would be simpler ,cheaper and with more advantages though would be an external tuner /converter connected in the TV's HDMI input

Here is one for $39 , it records , play USB multimedia files and gives you a HHD picture ;

https://www.amazon.com/ViewTV-AT-300-Converter-Recording-Composite/dp/B01MF9X5V9/ref=pd_sim_504_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MF9X5V9&pd_rd_r=MYN8T7VSW7M5MNCHMT5B&pd_rd_w=zxu4o&pd_rd_wg=d3dsX&psc=1&refRID=MYN8T7VSW7M5MNCHMT5B

Sorry for the long link , you can just click on it

This unit will go between your antenna and tv and has its own remote

So it would be either of those for a fix or a new tv , you decide

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Jack
Jack, Technician
Ok I'll probably do the external tuner/ converter. Thanks. And Yes I'll rate you.

Thank you