Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

It won't show a picture and no sound either. E420-AO About 4

It won't show a picture and no sound either.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: E420-AO About 4 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Actually nothing works. the little blue on light stays on a few seconds then fades away
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had no warning but this happened several months ago and I had another tv so today I decided to try and get it fixed or throw it away
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had to have a new circuit board put in when it was barely a year old

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just decline if you don`t want it .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not want to spend $26

No problem , as i said above just decline it or ignore them

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No storm or anything like that. It was working fine when I turned it off and then would not come back on...no lights, sound, nothing.

O.k then from what you described this could be either caused by the power supply or main board which is common with those tv`s

What i would suggest here is getting the repair kit that includes both boards for $50 and also has a video to show you how to replace it

Looks at your tv`s serial number prefix letters , is it one of those sets ; LAQKNRGP,LAQKNRGQ,LATKNRGP,LAQKNREP

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

Thank you ??

Do you want to proceed with getting the parts ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

O.k then i`m sure what i have will do but can you check those letters i mentioned above ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its the 1st one listed

This is what you need then ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-e420-a0-laqknrgp-complete-tv-repair-kit-version-1.htm

You will also see a video on that page

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that