TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My picture is too big for the screen. it is cutting off the…

My picture is too...

My picture is too big for the screen. it is cutting off the top and bottom

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Samsung smart tv - about 1 year old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started a couple of days ago. I haven't tried anything. I noticed it during the football game when it was cutting off the scores at the bottom of the screen

9/20/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

just on tv
no I don't want you to call. I already paid $36 for this service

OK, how do you receive channels on this TV?

Through cable box and use cable remote to change channels?

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

cable box
should I be contacting the cable company or is this something in the settings?

OK, it seems cable box is sending out over size picture signals to TV, please find a button on cable remote labeled as Size or Zoom or HDzoom or Format or Aspect etc, push that button a few times to get different size picture settings to get best fit picture on TV.

Please reply back with the result

that fixed it. thank you

Excellent, glad to know problem is fixed. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician