TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The hdmi goes in and out, sometimes picture and sound, most

the time nothing. Old...
The hdmi goes in and out, sometimes picture and sound, most the time nothing. Old Samsung Plasma
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: HP-R4252. Tried new hdmi plugs and new cable boxes. Same issue so must be the port?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Only 1 hdmi port. Secondary tv with just cable box.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started. I figured loose connection. Wiggled and worked for short time then nothing. Says HDMI on top left of screen and rest is fuzzy black.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
9/19/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello

Hi

This does sound like a hdmi /main board problem and for a tv this age would be a bit too expensive to repair perhaps

Does your cable box have component /color coded Y-Pb-Pr outputs ?

Unfortunately no. How much you thinking? Is it worth keeping as backup or cheaper to get new one?

If you were to have a shop do this for you then you are looking at some $250 parts included which I too much if you ask me or the main board at around $60 if you were t replace it yourself

Also I`m sure your cable company still has cable boxes with component out for older tv and that would still give you a HD picture

Jack
Jack, Technician

The main board part number is ***** and you can get one here for $55 ;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-BN94-00797A-MAIN-BOARD-FOR-HP-R4252-/331743355094

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician