TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I've connected the digital optical audio cable to my visio…

Customer Question
I've connected the...

I've connected the digital optical audio cable to my visio sound bar and to my Dish Network receiver but have no sound from the bar

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 2 year old..model BTM2578

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu does work. No

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine until I install Dish Network. Then the sound bar did not work. I purchased a digital audio cable and it still will not work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Try going into the dish menu (or tv menu, if connecting to the tv directly) and set the audio output format to pcm/stereo (not dolby/digital/auto), and make sure the soundbar is set to the optical/digital input mode. Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

I set the dish receiver to pic/stereo. Still nothing from sound bar

Can you try the optical connection from the soundbar to another device instead, such as a dvd player or even directly to the tv and see if you can get any audio that way?