TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung 5 550 LCD TV. picture is black but with audio.

Customer Question
Samsung 5 550 LCD...

Samsung 5 550 LCD TV. picture is black but with audio. picture is on when set is first turned on and immediately goes black and stays there but with audio still playing.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

No problem turning it on before, this actually happened in the middle of a show not when turning it on. but now it shows black with audio. its a samsung lcd tv series 5 550. model no LN40E550F7FXZA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV Menu does not work and tv is only on antenna...no cable

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Happened this morning. we were watching morning news and tv simply went black. we weren't touching remote or tv

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 11 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

OK
NO

OK please understand any messages are NOT sent by me but the site itself,please ignore if you do notwant

I havejust gone through the data for this set, so what I want you to do,is press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control when the set is black let me know if the menu comes up

No menu

If you can't see any visible light at all on the display even feint light the back-lights are down, this is a common issue with modern sets and can be a power-board issue, are you thinking of doing the work yourself with the set?

Replacing a board means the back of the set will need to come off the board removed and ordered\reverse to fit

Let me know

Anthony