TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a un55f6350. when the set is turned on there is a…

Customer Question
I have a un55f6350...

I have a un55f6350. when the set is turned on there is a black screen and no sound. the standby light flashes 5 times. what trouble does this indicate?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Samsung un55f6350af it has always worked fine in the past.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu does not come on nor will any input work.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The set just stoped working I am an electronics tech. and would like to repair the set but I don't know what the flashing light indicates or which ckt. board is at fault.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats all I know.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/19/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

That light doesn't mean anything, just that it isn't able to start up fully. Samsungs generally don't have specific trouble codes.

Is the screen completely dead black, or lit/glowing at all?

I know better than that, the 5 flashes are a trouble code. I don't know what the codes are. I refuse to pay for that sorry answer.

This was not a final answer, this was the beginning of a conversation.

Best of luck to you.

TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 8 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site. I'm Dan. I've been repairing electronics professionally for 15 years, and have been an expert on this site since 2010. I'd be happy to help.

Nathan is correct. The blinking light on this model doesn't mean anything specific. Could be coming from a lot of different areas. Do you have a meter? Can you test the DC coming from the TV's power supply board?

Louie, Technician